Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Is there a difference between "street medicine" and "book medicine"? By EMS1.com


EMS stands for Emergency Medical System

Holding up the BVM, I launched into my instruction about good BVM technique.  “Nobody in medicine should be able to hold a candle to an EMT on proper BVM technique! Since we have fewer tools than anyone else, we should be the masters of these tools.”

And with that I began to demonstrate perfect BVM technique.
After watching my E-C hand technique, a student from the third row raised a confident hand. He was a volunteer for a local fire department and had seen the BVM used in the field a few times. He wanted to set the record straight on my insistence on good head position and a tight mask seal. I could see he was trying to reconcile the difference between the technique I was demonstrating and what he had witnessed in the field......................

Source to the full  story
Link 

Acronyms :

BVM: Blood Volume Monitor  
EMT: Emergency Medical Technician

No comments:

Post a Comment